Under the Wholesale Electricity Market Rules, System Management must provide a report to the ERA once every three months on the performance of the market with respect to the dispatch process.
This report must include details of the:
- Incidence and extent of issuance of Operating Instructions and Dispatch Instructions
- Incidence and extent of non-compliance with Operating Instructions and Dispatch Instructions
- The incidence and reasons for the issuance of Dispatch Instructions Out of Merit
- Incidence and extent of transmission constraints
- Incidence and extent of shortfalls in Ancillary Services, involuntary curtailment of load, High Risk Operating States, and Emergency Operating States, together with:
Incidence and reasons for the selection and use of load following ancillary service (LFAS) Facilities outside of the LFAS Merit Order to ensure operation of the SWIS in a reliable and safe manner.
Prior to 1 July 2016 it was the role of the Australian Energy Market Operator to publish these reports. Reports for periods before 1 July 2016 are available on the AEMO website.
- a summary of the circumstances that caused each incident
- a summary of the actions that System Management took in response to the incident in each case and
Reports for periods after 1 July 2016 onwards are available below.