The final report on the second review of the Railways (Access) Code 2000 was delivered to the Treasurer in December 2011. The final report made recommendations to the WA Government which seek to:
- Improve the availability of information for parties seeking access to railways.
- Prevent delays in access negotiations.
- Improve the efficient/effective administration of the Code.
- Clarify the definitions of railways subject to the Code.
- Develop a set of ‘model’ Part 5 instruments to apply to all new railways from commencement of their operations to expedite timely resolution of proposals for access to new railways.