Under the Wholesale Electricity Market Rules, System Management must provide a report to the ERA once every three months on the performance of the market with respect to the dispatch process.
This report must include details of the:
- Incidence and extent of issuance of Operating Instructions and Dispatch Instructions.
- Incidence and extent of non-compliance with Operating Instructions and Dispatch Instructions.
- The incidence and reasons for the issuance of Dispatch Instructions Out of Merit.
- Incidence and extent of transmission constraints.
- Incidence and extent of shortfalls in Ancillary Services, involuntary curtailment of load, High Risk Operating States, and Emergency Operating States, together with:
- Incidence and reasons for the selection and use of load following ancillary service Facilities outside of the load following ancillary services Merit Order to ensure operation of the South West Interconnected System in a reliable and safe manner.
Prior to 1 July 2016, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) published these reports. Reports for periods before 1 July 2016 are available on the AEMO website.
Reports for periods after 1 July 2016 onwards are available below.