The ERA’s compliance and enforcement functions include monitoring participants compliance with the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules and the Gas Services information (GSI) Rules and investigating alleged breaches of these rules.
Participants may report alleged breaches of the WEM Rules and GSI Rules to the ERA. This includes self-reports of a participant’s own non-compliance. Alleged breaches reported to the ERA must be in writing and contain:
• the name of the participant and contact details for the person responsible for the notification;
• the name of the participant who is alleged to have breached the WEM Rules, GSI Rules, the WEM Procedures or the GSI Procedures;
• the specific clauses in the WEM Rules, GSI Rules, the WEM Procedures or the GSI Procedures alleged to have been breached;
• the dates and times on which the alleged breach occurred;
• a description of the reasons that the notifying participant has for considering a breach may have taken place, including any evidence of the alleged breach;
• if the breach is by the notifying participant, a description of the reasons for the breach, including any mitigating circumstances and any proposed remedies;
• details of any known impact to the market or participants;
• any other information considered relevant.
Notifications of alleged WEM Rule and GSI Rule breaches to the ERA should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org